Monday, February 9, 2009

More Movies I've Yet to See

I got a long list of movies I should see some time:

Dead Ringers
Sybil
Fireball Jungle
2,000 Maniacs
El Norte
Holy Mountain
Divorce Italian Style
The Thief of Bagdad
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Simon of the Desert
Time Bandits
The Goonies
Lower City
Barton Fink
Flight of the Red Balloon
Tokyo Story
Turtles Can Fly (now seen it)
Smokey and the Bandit
Coffee and Cigarettes
Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke
The General
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Alice in the Cities
The State of Things
Mystery Train
Darwin's Nightmare
Little Terrorist
Dead in 3 Days
The Child
Journey to the Sun
Faust
Kikujiro
Russian Ark
The Sentinel
X2000
Lost in the Desert (a.k.a., Dirkie)
Return to Oz
How I Got Into an Argument
Vengeance is Mine
Xiau Wu
Branded to Kill
All that Heaven Allows
The Cranes are Flying
Underground
Hell Drivers
The Cyclist
The Death of Mister Lazarescu
Diabolique
Dodes'ka-den
La Dolce Vita
Double Indemnity
The End of Summer
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Exterminating Angel
F for Fake
A Face in the Crowd
The Fallen Idol
Fanny and Alexander
Feux Rouges
Fires on the Plane
Fitzcarraldo
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Food
Forbidden Games
Frontier of Dawn
Funny Games
The Furies
Gabrielle
Gate of Flesh
The Graduate
Grand Illusion
The Headless Woman
Hearts and Minds
Hero
The Hidden Fortress
Hobson's Choice
How to Get Ahead in Advertising
Hunger
I Am Curious-Yellow
I Am Curious-Blue
I Fidanzati
I live in Fear
I Shot Jesse James
I Was Born, But...
The Idiot
Ikiru
Imitation of Life
In My Skin
In the Mood for Love
Innocence Unprotected
It Happened One Night
Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai Du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles
Kagemusha
Kanal
Kill!
The Lady Vanishes
Last Night
Last Tango in Paris
Rancho Notorious

Has anyone seen any of these? They're supposed to be great, but are they?

6 comments:

Kurdt said...

Well, sometimes a hyped up movie can be a huge disappointment, but I thought The Good the Bad and the Ugly was awesome and Picnic at Hanging Rock is one of the creepiest movies I've ever seen.
I also really liked Eternal Sunshine, but not at first. At first it just seems like your standard boring romance movie, but then it gets trippy.
There's a lot on your list that I haven't seen either. I love Kurosawa but I have yet to see Hidden Fortress or Ikiru.
Oooh, Diabolique! Another wonderfully creepy movie.
And who could hate The Goonies? Well, you might. I'd be curious to hear your opinion on it!

Justin said...

Thanks! I'm gonna add most of the movies to my Netflix list. Have you seen El Dorado yet?

Anonymous said...

This'll be interesting.

Curious questions: first off, you seen Mel Brooks' comedy movies? Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, all really good ones. I might review "Saddles".

Oh, and, mind helping me write a review for "This is Spinal Tap"? I figure I'd ask the man with the rating system what goes up to...you guessed it... ELEVEN!

Justin said...

I love Mel Brooks' movies! I've seen The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, and History of the World!

I actually never noticed how the 11-star rating system could be used as a reference for Spinal Tap. How could I help? You want me to write the review?

Anonymous said...

Would you write it?

At the moment, I'm working on Kurdt's Slayer DVD review and I'm also working on "Blazing Saddles"!

Busy week.

Justin said...

I would write it, I would. But not for a while.

You could write a more entertaining review than I could (I can't bare to reveal plots in a review).